Oracle on Tuesday in New York Oracle CloudWorld It's shown on Oracle Cloud Platform Advances in artificial intelligence and machine learning .
For application development , Mobile and robot , Integrate , analysis , Autonomic features for security and system management are planned to be launched in the first half of this year .
Oracle Announced a series of new platforms, namely service functions and features , These include ：
Cell phones and robots -
- Self taught chat robot , Observe interaction patterns and preferences , To automate frequently performed end-user actions , To make time for more productive tasks ;
- Use machine learning to learn from user conversations , An unsupervised intelligent robot for smooth contextual dialogue ; and
- Real time will API Call auto cache to the nearest Data Center , To achieve the lowest latency response based on the location of the end user .
Safety and management -
- Machine learning driven user and entity behavior analysis , Can automatically isolate and eliminate suspicious and malicious users ;
- Preventive control measures , It can intercept data leakage between structured and unstructured data repositories ; and
· Cross log , performance , A unified data repository for user experience and configuration data , With applications AI and ML, Automatically set and manage performance and security monitoring metadata .
Oracle Digital Assistant
Oracle Also shows the Oracle Digital Assistant, It will be CRM,ERP,HCM, Centralized data communication between custom applications .
The assistant will use AI Correlate data and automate user behavior .
Its functions include ：
· Integration with voice based devices and software , for example Amazon Echo（Alexa）,Apple Siri,Google Home and Speech,Harman Kardon（Cortana） and Microsoft Cortana;
· Machine learning algorithms based on deep neural networks can process messages from voice based devices , To understand the input of the end user and take action ;
· Intelligent routing to Oracle Bots, Knowledge of processing end user input ; and
· Assistants can be used for self-learning user behavior , Context , In depth understanding of preferences and routines , To recommend and automate all data sets on behalf of users .
Constellation Research Chief analyst Holger Mueller Express ,Assistant Cross application ability of “ It's different ” .
however , He told the 《 E-Commerce Times 》 Express “ I'm very skeptical , Oracle has yet to announce any neural networks .”
Enderle Group Of Chief analyst Rob Enderle say ,“ If it really works , Assistants will stand out .”
in other words ,“ Major hardware vendors in this field already have their own back ends ”, He told 《 E-Commerce Times 》.
Endler points out that , these years , Amazon , Google , Microsoft and IBM Has not been the biggest supporter of Oracle . He said ：“ I think promises go far beyond reality .”
Oracle also announced the upcoming autonomous database service . Use advanced AI and ML The autonomous database of 10 First released in June .
A variety of autonomous database services will be released this year , Each service is specific to a specific workload ：
· Oracle Independent data warehouse cloud service is used for analysis ;
· For transactional and mixed workloads Oracle Autonomous database OLTP; and
· Oracle Autonomous NoSQL database , For fast large-scale reading and writing .
Long legs or tall ？
Mueller of constellation research （Mueller） Pointed out that ：“ independent Oracle It's really ahead of everyone .” “ This announcement now perfects the autonomous database , There is a gap between the latter in terms of security and old code risk .”
however , in general , Oracle's statement “ It reads like crap ,” Enderle say ,“ People forget that oracle bone inscriptions are really famous for their functions .”
He added , Achieve its own cloud promise “ Will need Oracle Powerful features that have not yet been demonstrated in data centers that have not yet been built .”
Besides ,Oracle Our policy is to lock in customers ,“ These efforts have high requirements for interoperability ,” Enderle say . and , Amazon , Google , Microsoft and IBM“ Having can do [ The same thing , however ] They're poorly packaged services ”.
however , If executed successfully , He admitted Oracle The plan will “ Greatly promote ” Its existing efforts in target areas .
Original title ：Oracle to Leverage AI, Machine Learning in Autonomous Cloud Platform
original text ：Oracle on Tuesday demonstrated artificial intelligence and machine learning advances in the Oracle Cloud Platform at Oracle CloudWorld in New York.
Autonomous capabilities for application development, mobile and bots, integration, analytics, security and system management are scheduled for availability in the first half of this year.
Oracle announced a slew of new Platform as a Service features and capabilities, including the following:
Mobile and bots --
- Self-learning chatbots that observe interaction patterns and preferences to automate frequently performed end-user actions, freeing up time for higher-productivity tasks;
- Unsupervised smart bots that use machine learning to learn from user conversations, enabling fluid, contextual conversations; and
- Automated caching of API calls to the nearest data center in real time for lowest-latency responses based on the end user's location.
Security and management --
- Machine learning-driven user and entity behavior analytics to isolate and eliminate suspicious and malicious users automatically;
- Preventative controls to intercept data leaks across both structured and unstructured data repositories; and
· A unified data repository across log, performance, user experience, and configuration data with applied AI and ML to automate setting and managing performance and security monitoring metadata.
The Oracle Digital Assistant
Oracle also demonstrated an Oracle Digital Assistant, which will provide centralized communications across CRM, ERP, HCM, custom applications and business intelligence data.
The assistant will use AI to correlate data and automate user behavior.
Among its capabilities:
· Integration with speech-based devices and software like Amazon Echo (Alexa), Apple Siri, Google Home and Speech, Harman Kardon (Cortana) and Microsoft Cortana;
· Deep neural net-based machine learning algorithms to process messages from voice-based devices to understand end-user input and take action;
· Intelligent routing to Oracle Bots with the knowledge to process end users input; and
· Deep insights into user behavior, context, preferences and routines the Assistant uses to self-learn, in order to recommend and automate across all data sets on behalf of the user.
The Assistant's cross-application capability "is the differentiator," said Holger Mueller, principal analyst at Constellation Research.
However, "I'm skeptical," he told the E-Commerce Times, "as no neural network has been announced by Oracle."
The Assistant "would be compelling if it actually works," said Rob Enderle, principal analyst at the Enderle Group.
That said, "the major hardware players in the space already have their own back ends," he told the E-Commerce Times.
Amazon, Google, Microsoft and IBM "haven't exactly been Oracle's greatest fans over the years," Enderle pointed out. "I think the promise is massively ahead of reality here."
The Autonomous Database
Oracle also announced upcoming Autonomous Database services. The Autonomous Database, which uses advanced AI and ML, was first announced in October.
Multiple Autonomous Database services, each tuned to a specific workload, will be released this year:
· Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud Service for analytics;
· Oracle Autonomous Database OLTP for transactional and mixed workloads; and
· Oracle Autonomous NoSQL Database for fast massive-scale reads and writes.
Leg Up or Tall Story?
"An autonomous Oracle is truly ahead of everybody," observed Constellation Research's Mueller. "This announcement now fleshes out the autonomous database, which had gaps in security and the risk of old code."
However, overall, Oracle's announcement "reads like a whopper," Enderle said."Folks forget that Oracle is famous for making claims they have capabilities long before they actually have them."
Delivering on its autonomous cloud promise "would require massive capabilities Oracle has yet to demonstrate in data centers that haven't been built yet," he added.
Further, Oracle's policy is to lock in customers, and "these efforts have high requirements for interoperability," Enderle said. Also, Amazon, Google, Microsoft and IBM "have services that can do [the same thing but] they just aren't packaged as nicely."
Still, if successfully executed, he acknowledged that Oracle's plans "would be a massive boost" to its existing efforts in the targeted areas.
Original author ：Richard Adhikari
Link to the original text ：https://www.technewsworld.com/story/85134.html
Translator ： Tian Guanyu
Link to the original text ： https://www.technewsworld.com/story/85134.html
Original author ： Richard Adhikari