These analyses are extremely unprofessional , Most of them are based on the scale of the traditional centralized storage market , suppose Filecoin Can occupy a certain market share .
in fact , Xiao Bian mentioned in the video yesterday that ,Filecoin To compete with the traditional centralized storage market , The storage price per unit capacity and the experience of accessing data are the key factors .
The storage price is easy to understand , A new product , In order to enter the market and let customers accept , Without a major breakthrough in performance , The price must be competitive . Although I haven't seen it yet Filecoin The storage quotation of miners , however Filecoin In terms of cost, there are several hard wounds ：
1） The hardware purchase cost of miners is certainly far less than the large-scale purchase price of centralized storage manufacturers 2）Filecoin The loss of system performance caused by complex technical route , Especially for Cpu The over consumption of resources also increases the storage cost in disguise
Of course , Considering the miners in order to get Fil And compete with each other to lower the external storage quotation , So the final cost needs to wait until the main network goes online, and the real quotation of miners shall prevail , But it is doubtful whether this approach, which is equivalent to paying for the miners' deficit in advance, can last .
The other is the experience of reading data , Including uploading or reading data （ written words 、 picture 、 video ） The speed of 、 End user experience issues such as success rate , without doubt , At this point , Decentralized networks are hard to compete with centralized networks , Especially under the premise of the system access increased significantly .
Although Xiaobian personally believes that in the short term, decentralized storage is difficult to threaten the market share of centralized storage vendors , however Filecoin The application in some native scenarios of blockchain also has certain advantages , Progress is expected in this area , But in this area, the scale of demand is very limited , therefore Filecoin It will be a long and slow process .
For teams that want to start participating in phase two before that ,Pooja Provides guidance on ：
1. And stage 1 Application data stores in are eligible for rewards differently , Stage 2 Only planned datasets can be stored .
2. These datasets must be added to Slingshot competition Github In the list of specification curated datasets in the repository ; The data must come from reputable sources , It's good for the public interest , And it's publicly accessible , To be accepted in this list .
3. Datasets must be accessible and explored by anyone in the world , This means that you have to provide public documentation , To learn about stored data and how to get from Filecoin Search data on the Internet .
4. Participants cannot use their own users to store any data , And any single user can only store the total data of participants 30％.
5. With the first 1 The stage is the same , Participants should maintain an index of the data stored throughout the competition , And at the end of the game, they were asked to submit a list of transactions （ Including transactions ID, node ID, Payload CID, file name ） , File format , File size and date of all data stored ）.
6. Participants will get more rewards in the second stage ！ This includes the storage prize , Community Choice Award , Supplementary Award , Community activities and so on …
Final ,Protocol Labs CEO Juan Benet By providing some information about Slingshot And the way he wants the game to go .Filecoin The project is still in its infancy , And there are many opportunities to create valuable applications and more opportunities to influence the direction of the project .